Woven French Market Basket Shopping Picnic 2x Leather Handles - Medium
French Market Basket Long & Short Handles
This Medium sized French Market Basket is also the Original French Market Basket. Perfect for all kinds of shopping, supermarket trips, picnic, the beach or pool.
Extremely hard-wearing with 2 super strong handle lengths. Long handles for over the shoulder and shorter handles for carrying those heavier items. As soon as your friends see this basket they will also want one. They are so stylish and versatile. Classic colour and shape that never dates.
Once you own one of these beautiful, elegant baskets it will become part of your life and you will wonder how you ever lived without it!
10 rounds - medium sized for shopping etc
40 cm short leather handles - hand held comfortable and sturdy
100cm cm long leather handles - over the shoulder comfort
Weight - 450g to 550g
Height - 31 - 39 cm
Width - 33 - 42 cm
Length - 45 - 51 cm
Hand made using traditional methods and so each is unique
Imported from Morocco
Material - woven palm leaves - Phoenix Dactylifera
How They are Made
The baskets are hand woven by farming families in small villages in the Atlas mountains of Morocco. All are ethically sourced. They are made of strips of woven palm leaves from a species of date palm - Phoenix Dactylifera. The strips are then sewn together and the basket built up in "rounds" into the traditional triangle shape. The more rounds the bigger the basket! The handles are of genuine Moroccan leather and firmly fixed to the baskets.
Caring For Your Market Basket
- To clean your basket - wash by hand with mild soapy water (do not leave it in water for more than 5 minutes), allow to drain and hang it up to dry
- Drying in the sun is especially good for the basket
- The basket is fine to use for wet clothing such as washing or swimming gear. Just be sure to let your basket dry thoroughly after it gets wet to prevent mould. Being made of natural fibre it does not like to remain wet
- To reshape your basket - wet, reshape and allow to dry thoroughly
- To clean the leather handles - use a little leather soap, keep in mind that age adds character to your basket