Woven French Market Basket Shopping Picnic Deluxe Leather Shoulder Handles
French Market Basket
This smaller chic French Market Basket with deluxe leather handles long enough to hang from your shoulder is slighter smaller than the other baskets I am selling but is a great everyday basket. Perfect for all kinds of shopping, and smaller supermarket trips.
Extremely hard-wearing with super strong longer leather handles. As soon as your friends see this basket they will also want one. They are so stylish and versatile. Classic colour and shape that never dates.
Once you own one of these beautiful, elegant baskets it will become part of your life and you will wonder how you ever lived without it!
8 rounds - more compact than the other baskets
Deluxe 60 cm Leather handles - comfortable and sturdy for over the shoulder
Weight - 380 to 420g
Height - 25 - 27cm
Width - 21 - 23 cm
Length - 42 - 44 cm
Hand made using traditional methods and so each is unique
Imported from Morocco
Material - woven palm leaves - Phoenix Dactylifera
How They are Made
The baskets are hand woven by farming families in small villages in the Atlas mountains of Morocco. All are ethically sourced. They are made of strips of woven palm leaves from a species of date palm - Phoenix Dactylifera. The strips are then sewn together and the basket built up in "rounds" into the traditional triangle shape. The more rounds the bigger the basket! The handles are of genuine Moroccan leather and firmly fixed to the baskets.
Caring For Your Market Basket
- To clean your basket - wash by hand with mild soapy water (do not leave it in water for more than 5 minutes), allow to drain and hang it up to dry
- Drying in the sun is especially good for the basket
- The basket is fine to use for wet clothing such as washing or swimming gear. Just be sure to let your basket dry thoroughly after it gets wet to prevent mould. Being made of natural fibre it does not like to remain wet
- To reshape your basket - wet, reshape and allow to dry thoroughly
- To clean the leather handles - use a little leather soap, keep in mind that age adds character to your basket